Progress has touched every sector, and that includes kitchen equipment. Back in the day, a single kind of knife was used for all kinds of cutting and kitchen applications. These days, there seems to be a sharpened tool for everything. You can find varieties of knives for buttering your food, cutting steaks, cutting vegetables and so on. One company that sells it all is Chicago Cutlery.
Chicago cutlery is a popular company that sells all kinds of kitchen knives and cutlery items. The company has been around for a while, and you can purchase their products with an easy mind. They offer lifetime warranty with most of their products.
The knife block set from Chicago Cutlery is a complete set of kitchen knives. The set consists of everything from butter knives to steak knife, peeler and slicer. The package comes with a wooden storage block to store all your knives securely.
- The knife set contains 3.25” parer, 8” slicer, 5” partoku, 5” utility, 3” peeler, 7.75” chef, 8 – 4.25” steak knives, 7.75” bread, and 8” stainless sharpening steel.
- The blades have been constructed out of high-carbon stainless steel, which have made the blades harder, stronger and resistant to stains, pitting and rust.
- The knives contain black comfort-grip poly handles for maximum comfort.
- The product has been backed by full lifetime warranty from the company.
- These knives are very sharp and they cut quickly and easily.
- The black grip equipped on the knives sit well and they are easy to handle.
- They seem to be quite strong, and yet they aren’t heavy at all.
- Not only are these sharp out of the box, they also sharpen easily and hold their edges.
- The set contains a well-chosen collection of knives, and it’ll definitely make you feel more skillful in the kitchen, with the right blade for everything.
- The knives in this set must be hand washed.
- You must dry them immediately after washing them, in order to avoid the blades rusting.
- They don’t seem to align perfectly, which might not be visually comfortable for some.
- This pack doesn’t come with any scissors. Many other knife sets also include a type of scissors.
You’ll be amazed by the sturdy construction of the blades. They aren’t that heavy and seem to hold their edge well. They are dangerously sharp when new, and they can be easily sharpened. Although not accurate, there is a right slot for all your blades, so you don’t have to worry about their storage. The price is just right. You also have the option of purchasing the set that also includes a reversible cutting board and knife sharpener. Overall, this product offers great value for money. You will be definitely be coming back for more with this brand.
Needless to say the knife set from Chicago Cutlery isn’t the only product on the market in its category. Some of the top competitors for the Chicago based company are Wusthof Classic 7-piece Slim Knife Block Set and Strike5 Stainless Steel 5-piece Kitchen knives with Swirling Stylish Acrylic Base. Both these products are amazing in their own right. Make sure you study their features carefully in order to make an educated decision.
Chicago Cutlery Knife Set is definitely one of the best deals on the market. This set contains 18 pieces of different stainless steel knife. You have got every kind of knife you’ll need in your kitchen. The wooden block that comes with it allows you to safely store all the blades.
The Wusthof Classic Knife set is among the most expensive product on the market. The knives are strong and sharp, and will fulfill all your kitchen needs. The stainless steel used for its construction is strain resistant and also resists fading and discoloration. The company offers a lifetime warranty with the product.
We have also mentioned a cheaper alternative for you. The Strike5 knife set comes with 5 piece kitchen knives on a stylish acrylic base. These stainless steel blades have been made to be durable and they also feature anti-slip handles.
Comparing the three products, the set of kitchen knives from Chicago Cutlery is our winner. The price is just right. The Wusthof product seems bit too expensive, despite the superb quality of the blades. Also, the set from Chicago Cutlery offers the highest number of kitchen knives. Strike5 is definitely the cheapest one here, but they don’t look as comfortable as the other two. Since, they are comparatively cheaper, there is a good chance they might not be as durable.